In 1978, the District purchased the site now known as Harbor Terrace, intending for the land to be financially and physically supportive of District operations. With permits in place and a developer/operator identified the project is moving forward towards the conclusion of a development and lease agreement. The project timeline from signed lease to grand opening is a conservative 2 years. Once development is completed, Harbor Terrace will feature space for marine gear and boat storage, District uses and overnight accommodations, including the more rustic walk–in tent camping, to RV sites and self-contained cabins. The site will also feature commercial space and swimming pool. While maintaining its essential functions in support of coastal dependent uses, the project will also increase visitor access to the District and the coast, and provide revenue to further support District operations.
Flying Flags Avila Beach at Port San Luis
Harbor Terrace Project Groundbreaking Ceremony - January 21, 2020 Opens a New Window.
50 Year Ground Lease with RTA Harbor Terrace, LLC Opens a New Window. Ground Lease Exhibits Opens a New Window.
Harbor Terrace Design Package by RRM Design Group - May 28, 2019 Opens a New Window.
Additional information can be found on the tabs below.
- Notice of Final County Action / Coastal Development Permit; June 25, 2015
- Harbor Terrace Notice of Public Hearing, January 27, 2015 NEW (PDF)
- Re-Submittal Cover (PDF)
- CDP application, March 2014 (PDF)
- Land Use Permit Plan (PDF)
- Land Use Permit Plan Architecture (PDF)
- Conceptual Grading Plan (PDF)
- Conceptual Drainage Plan (PDF)
- Conceptual Utility Plan (PDF)
- Erosion Control Details (PDF)
- Fire Safety Plan (PDF)
- Commercial Area Enlargement Plan (PDF)
- Cabin / RV Cabin / Comfort Station (PDF)
- Red Tail Acquisitions, LLC Proposal
- San Luis Bay Area Plan (PDF)
- 2003 Port Master Plan