In the best interest of the public’s health, safety, and welfare, as well as protecting the sensitive and natural environment of the beach, the following rules apply to Avila, Olde Port, and Fisherman’s Beaches:
The following activities are permitted:
- Vehicles are allowed on Olde Port Beach to launch or retrieve small watercraft only.
- Small, hand-carried gas and/or propane BBQs with active on/off controls may be used on all District beaches. Charcoal or wood BBQs are only allowed in the District supplied BBQs on Avila Beach near the picnic tables.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash and under voice-command control on Olde Port Beach.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash and under voice-command control on Avila Beach before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. daily.
- No dogs are allowed on Fisherman’s Beach.