In the best interest of the public’s health, safety, and welfare, as well as protecting the sensitive and natural environment of the beach, the following rules apply to Avila, Olde Port, and Fisherman’s Beaches:
The following activities are permitted:
- Vehicles are allowed on Olde Port Beach to launch or retrieve small watercraft only.
- Small, hand-carried gas and/or propane BBQs with active on/off controls may be used on all District beaches. Charcoal or wood BBQs are only allowed in the District supplied BBQs on Avila Beach near the picnic tables or in the District fire rings on Olde Port Beach.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash and under voice-command control on Olde Port Beach.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash and under voice-command control on Avila Beach before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. daily.
- No dogs are allowed on Fisherman’s Beach.
The following activities are permitted seasonally only:
- Bonfires are allowed only on Olde Port Beach in District fire rings, which are generally available the second Sunday of March through the first Sunday of November (from the start to the end of Daylight Savings Time), weather permitting. NO OUTSIDE FIRE RINGS MAY BE USED. Fire rings are on a first-come, first-served basis and are not able to be reserved. Please feel free to contact the Harbor office prior to your visit to verify if the fire rings are on the beach. Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., (805) 595-5400, ext. 0, or email@example.com.
- No burning of trash or other materials; only wood and charcoal are allowed.
- No chemically treated wood, pallets or other wood with nails may be burned in the fire rings.
- In the case of inclement weather, fire rings may be removed without prior notice to prevent the rings and/or debris from being swept into the ocean.
The following are prohibited:
- Alcohol or glass containers on the beach
- Roping off areas
- Large or deep hole digging
- Portable dance floors
- Amplified music and/or generators
- Enclosed tents (portable pop-up canopy tents such as EZ-Ups are okay)
- Cords running along beach, sea wall or revetment
- Confetti (including biodegradable), rice, or non-natural material
- Black or gray water dumping
- Dogs on Avila Beach from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- Dogs on Fisherman’s Beach